The Ramblers’ Rest Licensed Restaurant
Over the last 19 years, the Ramblers’ Rest has gained an enviable reputation for the quality of its home cooked food, its charming ambience and the unique licensed private dining experience and we’re pleased to say that none of this will change with our comfortable new surroundings.
We still offer a private dining experience for parties of 10 or more but now with our extended restaurant area we can accommodate up to 26 around one large dining table.
The new restaurant was formerly the farm’s granary that has been lovingly and sympathetically restored and retains many original features. The restaurant serves traditional meals from family recipes with Angela’s trademark twist and uses locally sourced produce, including meat reared on the farm and butchered by Angela’s husband, Jeremy.
“The new area is also ideal for small weddings, business meetings, christenings, birthday and anniversary celebrations.”
>> Our menus feature locally sourced produce
The menus change according to the seasons. Here are a few of the extensive selection of starters on the Summer menu:
• Roast Sun dried Cherry Tomato, fresh Basil and tangy Feta Cheese Tart, served on a Summer Salad with a Beetroot and Orange Relish. £5.50
• Black Pudding Wellington – Char grilled Black Pudding layered with a Field Mushroom, Red Onion Marmalade and melted Stilton encased in Puff Pastry. £6.25
• Slow braised sticky Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs. £5.50
All of the main courses are served with a selection of fresh, seasonal vegetables and include:
• (V) Summer Ratatouille layered with homemade Pancakes and a Cream and Leek Sauce topped with a smoked Applewood Gratin. £11.95
• Local New Season Rack of Lamb finished with a crunchy Pecan Crust, sauté New Potatoes with Lemon Rosemary and Thyme and a rich Redcurrant Gravy. £15.95
• Smoked Bacon and Nut Crusted Sea Bass Fillets served on crushed New Potatoes and a Vine Tomato and Basil Sauce. £14.95
We also have a well stocked bar with a selection of soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits.
Please let us know if you have any special dietary needs and we will endeavour to accommodate them.
The Summer menu is available between 7.00 and 9.30pm every night except Tuesday and Sunday, but booking is essential to avoid disappointment. Please call Angela on 01759 305220 to book and to enquire about private dining availability.